Monday 28 August 2017

On Location with Mandy

G’Day Mob,

Over here on the blog I’ll be posting (hopefully) regular rambles based on where I am and what I am writing about.

Which means you could get anything.

For example: In the last couple of months I have tracked dinosaurs at Winton, flown drones at Barcaldine, talked with camels here on the farm, profiled some amazing young agricultural women and been a pit pony at Lightning Ridge.

See what I mean? You really could get anything.

To kick things off why don’t you
grab a copy of the latest R.M. Williams Outback magazine and check out my story on agricultural shows.I remember as a kid getting all excited as the sideshow rides rolled into town in the week of the Bega Show; and of making vegetable men and plaster of paris models for the pavilion – for the heady prize-money of twenty cents.

So, writing this story was a blast. I revisited the Pambula Show where I was once secretary (but, shhh - don't tell anyone), spoke to the good people of Kalgoorlie about the sport of rock drilling, tried to avoid Sue who was handing out jobs at Tenterfield, scored a ride behind a Clydesdale for the Grand Lap Parade at the Sydney Royal Easter Show, and told my husband I was gong to run off with an axeman...



David Foster - what a legend!


If you'd like to get an idea of what you can expect here on the blog, hop on over to Rocky Springs Rambles where you can learn how to get a fat bull up a race, come mustering and fencing, see a farm turned into a brewery and meet the working dogs and two fox terribles.







No comments:

Post a Comment